Friday, September 27, 2013

Stoneyfield Super Smoothie



First of all I want to start by saying these people do not know I exist!!! I am not getting paid... in fact this new thing we found is costing us (but worth it).




I had read a few articles about how probiotics do more than help you poo (or females balance down there). The first one was about how good bacteria in the gut helped mice in a study to loose weight. And I'd gladly join that study if ever done with humans. The next article was about how the gut was tied into mood disorders (depression, anxiety, compulsive things like OCD, etc.). My husband and I surround our lives around our children. So, my first thought was that if I could naturally help my kids... "in a heart beat".


My children already love smoothies (and greek, "Fage", for the higher protein with probiotics). And my children have noticed other children with them packed in their school lunches too... which is much better than those "GoGurt" frozen and added in. I do keep them on the side for when I start to run out of the drinks, something is better than nothing!


And I want to add, I am starting to love our choice in schools... I've noticed more parents are like us. Our goal is to not just have our children grow up and doing something they love, but to do/be better than us. I couldn't imagine clipping their wings in life, but sadly I have met parents that do just that.



.~*~._.~*~._.~*~.

Our family loves this smoothie...

 
Coconut water or Almond milk
Kale
Spinach leaves
Frozen pineapple chunks
Coconut shredded
Fage Greek Yogurt


All in a blender with a little bit of ice! And we switch things up by added in berries, bananas, apple slices, and so forth. Healthy tastes amazing!!! And buy fresh in bulk at Costco, and stick in freezer (ziplock)... blue berries are bigger from there! ~*Mmmm*~

No comments:

Post a Comment