Friday, September 6, 2013

Birthday Boy ... ~*Cheers*~

The memories of our children are to be savored today and cherished in the years to come... and these are the years my husband and I are taking in as much as possible.
 
After picking up our son from school, we refrained from making too big of a fool of ourselves. Tyler planned to give the extra cupcakes and juices to the friends that are not in his class, so I had to get out of the line of cars and loop back around to a further spot. I told him I would try to be later than usual so he has a chance to give them away. But even leaving ten minutes later than I normally do and looping back around I was still not back enough. It is hard for someone like me to not be on time or early...
 
 
 
After school we took him to get ice cream, Baskin Robbins gave us birthday coupons. Than off to ride his new bike and skateboard.

 

We had an enjoyable dinner at Golden Corral, and made it a point to keep it as positive of an experience as we could. There was one table with three older women that would make snide remarks, but I kept a smile and pretended to be ignorant to the behaviors. In smiling to all those around us and showing manners (especially to staff) there was a surprise. A woman that was out with her husband asked me if she could give him a gift. She endowed him with a handful of change.

I know that she was as American as we are, well spoken, and kind heart... but I would like to consider this as a good omen! In some cultures it is considered good luck to give children (that are not related, strangers) small bits of money. It is believed to bring prosperity and luck to the one that is giving. However, I would like to think it was a small way to bestow the same luck on our family. Than once we got home he found a ladybug in his bathroom (I let it back outside and free).

We live in an oasis in our city, surrounded by excellent people. Our bedroom windows echo the tranquil sounds of the creek to lull us to sleep. And there are times when we get a lone frog that chirps. Our family is truly blessed and I am grateful for where we are in life (mostly because we are "living" life together).

Happy Birthday to our amazing little man! One of his daddy's boys that has captured both our hearts. I am sad that he has left my grasp to be his father's little man, but I know that there will be a time when he "needs" mom again. I'll be waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment