Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tyler's Quilt


~*Red Quilt*~


It is truly a labor of love when you do something for someone else that they enjoy...

I am currently working on a blanket for my eight-year-old son. He actually picked out the colors (Red & White, his favorite). First step is to crochet all the granny squares, than bind them together, than I do a quilting on the back (no holes and extra cozy), finally the binding on edges (silk is best). It is just perfect for snuggling up on the couch on those cold winter nights (and movies). I look forward to a finished product, and a happy child. Than I will make a new one for my "Itty Bitty"...

I used to make them for others, like my husband's co-workers expecting a baby. And I still have one tucked away in the baby stuff I did keep purely for memories sake (gave most stuff away).

I tried to find new colors, but Target doesn't sell yarn, and I usually stick to yarns I know because of an allergy to wool. I usually joke when talking to others that the blankets I make can melt. I don't mind the synthetic yarns because they hold the colors better and can be bleached with no damage done.

No comments:

Post a Comment