Monday, September 2, 2013

First Rain (Sept 2, 2013)


DANCE IN THE RAIN...

~*Rain*~... I love that the rain is a symbol of renewal, growth, and for my family a reminder to not just live but experience life (enjoy it). I've been "dancing in the rain" since I was in diapers, and have been teaching my boys to do the same.

My intelligent and incredible little men ran in bare feet. They bounced in puddles and soared through pathways. With an infection giggles and their own private language they brought back many memories. I love that it also teaches them that what others see as a irritation can be something entirely different if viewed through a different set of eyes. I hope they continue to thrive and learn new things in life.



Another "family tradition" is to have cocoa after dancing in the "first rain of the season". I have a feeling that this year we'll get a reprieve from the drought. I see fresh new starts, productive things in our own home & family, and a revitalization in our surroundings.

1 comment:

  1. I always tell my boys that they need bare feet when they "dance in the rain", when walking in grass (lawn not nature trails), and on the beach. They need to be able to connect to life in a tangible way... much like the teachings of sixteenth-century Rabbi Moshe... "When you put on your sandals, first lower your foot into the sandal and imagine the connecting of Sky to Earth. Than lift the straps upward to tie and imagine the meeting and binding of Earth with Sky". Don't just live your life, experience it and enjoy it to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete