Monday, September 9, 2013

Weekend




I have to admit that this past weekend has been a whirlwind of emotions and exertion. I was all but too happy to make French toast for my three boys. Followed by an hour of walking behind a dog to give them time to finish eating. Cooper decided that he wanted to explore the neighborhood sniffing with the occasional begging other furr-bies (Furry Babies) for attention. When I returned I took the boys to a park to ride their skateboard and bikes so their daddy could relax and watch his sports.

I am just thankful for the bonds with these little future men. I don't mind waking each weekday to make lunches, or fighting with them after school to focus on doing homework, or the nightly struggle to get them to go to sleep. Pleading doesn't help, and they can care less about the logic of sleep making them smarter or stronger. I don't mind their mini obsessions with games, and adore when they are into things that are creative and expand their minds.

As much as I am enthusiastic about how to make their current lives better for their futures... it is that same "future" that scares me. I fear the day they actually need cell phones of their own (it'll mean they are doing things away from us). I am scared to death of the thought of when they are old enough to drive. One day they will be adults and I'll have worked my way out of a job, but I hope and pray that I'll have done a good enough job that I'll still be woven into the fabrics of their lives.

Childhood is fleeting, but for now I am just appreciative to have the blessing of being able to raise these amazing little boys! From the highs of being proud of who and all they've achieved this far and anxious about what the future holds. May they be extremely blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment