Sunday, October 20, 2013

Update ... Sunday, October 20th, 2013

This past week has been absolutely amazing and I am reminded of just how blessed we are in life. We were able to settle things with Tyler's class (still has his bully but teacher knows). Anthony is still the same little man he's always been... and I think others are starting to realize I am not just a doting mother when I sing his praises. Each child I have has actually been better than the last (behaviorally).


This past week I went to the family day at the boys' school. This is the first time I actually thought ahead and brought a blanket to sit on (other parents bring blankets and chairs for adults). I was lost in the moment as we were lost in a sea of families, basking in my children. And it is a multi-generational thing. Everyone splurges on naughty foods (from McDonald's to like we brought Habit Burger) and eat with their children. I adored sitting back on my blanket after the kids were done eating and watching them play with peers. Tyler even got down in the field and played football with his friends! If his daddy didn't have to work he'd of been so proud. I tried my best to text him and take pictures of him to share later.

 
I shared my blanket with another parent, and ended up at her house. We'd been chatting off and on since last school year, and she'd even invited our Anthony to her child's birthday (last year, and new invitation for her other kid). But it was nice to integrate and live in the moments.

 
And just when I was getting used to not being a helicopter parent, I now have one day a week of volunteering with our youngest. When I first learned he was excited and I was grateful for the opportunity. All families play an active role, from parents to extended family members, and I wouldn't trade these years for anything! Last year I met more grandparents than I did actual parents. I just hope when my children are all grown up I can play such a pivotal role as I've watched others. I hope to help alleviate the burden of  strangers raising my grandbabies in the far future. And there isn't a selfish desire or hell's high waters to keep me from my family branch! For the time being I am simply thankful for being able to have this chance. I look forward to weekly volunteering, Friday Night board games, and Saturday nights watching movies with popcorn and blankets. And when the rain starts to pour we can be found dancing barefoot with hot cocoa after.


~*Memories*~
MUSIC: David Choi "Let Her Go"

No comments:

Post a Comment