Monday, October 28, 2013

Pumpkin Carving - Halloween 2013



We... well I guess "I" finally bit the bullet... and we allowed our children to carve their own pumpkins.


Our eight year old and six year old did most of the scooping out of pumpkin guts and seeds. We helped a little, but not as much as we normally would have. We're trying a new approach with parenting. The boys first drew the face they wanted on paper, than hubby drew it on their pumpkins. Anthony did a traditional face while Tyler chose one that replicated Mine Craft (creeper). But, both boys actually carved their own pumpkin.


This new approach of allowing our children to take what I perceive as risks... and yes, they used the kits that cut pumpkins but not flesh (not that sharp). Or how they are using a bunk bed, and every bump in the night has me bolting for their room (to simply look). The good news is that I hear grandparents are more seasoned? Which means by the time they are all grown up I might finally "get it right" with the next generation? There is nothing more frightening than to bring another person into this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment