Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Tyler's Long Hair



I have to say that I grew used to my son's long hair... and I am going to miss it!


Tyler has always been years ahead of himself (emotionally and intellectually). And even though I was nervous at first, I grew used to his long hair. He's a free spirit and it seemed to match his fun loving personality. We chose not to fight him about his hair, and make his own decisions. After all, as parents we have bigger things to worry about something that can change from one day to the next. Plus, I think he enjoyed the freedom of figuring out what he likes. I'm just hoping the few girls that bullied him last year aren't the reason he's chosen to cut it off before school started. The group of three little girls had him in tears at the end of last year (and acting out through his drawings and art, I don't like that he wrote he hated them, even if they weren't too kind towards him).




It'll take some getting used to... he now looks like every other typical little boy. And it's a bit of a shame, because he actually had the perfect face to pull off that style (and I love his chunky cheeks like his daddy). We love him for being himself, not what he looks like. We worry more about what he stick between his ears than the hair that might hang over them. I just wish I'd taken more pictures of him now that he's decided to be past that phase of his incredible life. In the mean time I'll just be thankful we played a part in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment