Sunday, August 18, 2013

No Training Wheels



This weekend my loving husband took our boys up to "Ice House" (Pollock Pines, CA). He took some amazing pictures of the boys and scenery, while taking the boys fishing. They had lunch, and even socialized with the local dog (resident of the restaurant). I am grateful they got in male bonding time... and mommy was able to clean house and catch up on laundry. But, it was more important for them to get in time with just their daddy.
 
I just need him to upload his pictures so I can have them too!

The previous weekend was just as eventful and chaotic. Tyler learned how to ride his bike without training wheels. We'd taken the boys to a local park to practice with training wheels. Normally we don't push the boys to do anything before they decide they are ready. But, for the first time we actually decided to take off the training wheels and talk him into "just doing it". In less than five minutes he was riding as if he'd been doing it much longer than he had. We were also given a cute little story of how Anthony lost his tooth (I'll scrapbook it and write what happened in his book).

Speaking of books... I plan to hit the local book store to find something I can write little notes to the boys (each one, so they know I took the time). Just my thoughts in the moments of their lives while they are still living them. And I hope it is a keepsake they treasure long after I am gone (and maybe pass to their children).

No comments:

Post a Comment