Saturday, August 17, 2013

Icing (Cupcake Shop)



The first day of school was chaotic, running between the two boys classrooms. Making sure the different teachers get the supplies they asked for, and trying to get in as many pictures as possible (recording their memories). But we are starting a new tradition with the boyz... ICING!!!


When I was younger I absolutely loved my gold box from Sherri's Berries. If I was celebrating something, had a truly depressing day and needed a pick me up, and just the thought would lift my spirits. I would pick out my chocolate covered strawberry, which was always placed in a single gold box with a perfect ribbon. I am hoping in my heart that our newly added tradition of "Icing" becomes as much a "pick me up" or "celebration" as mine was to me.

 
Icing is more than just a cute little shop. The staff is constantly smiling (which is infectious), helpful, and accommodating. I loved how it reminded me of my own scrapbooking projects, adorable decorations, and the food is well worth the price. After trying a sample our Tyty (Tyler) picked the pumpkin Pie and Anthony finally settled on a chocolate dipped cookie with sprinkles (and candy decoration). This was a perfect way for our little men to celebrate their first day of school.


More so, I can see it as a way to do something perfect for their teachers' through out the year!!! What better way to show the boys care than a single boxed cupcake (specialty) and gift card to Starbucks? This way we can share our new found love too. They have so many great choices (and varies from day to day) that our biggest problem is getting the boys to actually choose one (which is a good thing).



http://www.icingonthecupcake.com




1 comment:

  1. Later the same night we took the boys out for dinner, to help celebrate their first day back to school. Their father wanted to take them to "The Boardwalk", but they would be cheated out of a "first" experience. They are both too short for any rides, we're tight on spending cash so they wouldn't even get the arcade, and the most they would be able to do is walk around. So, today my husband took the kids off fishing. Other than gas, that is free! Which means mommy is getting "free time", which I am spending playing catch up and will soon start cleaning the house...

    ReplyDelete