Thursday, August 22, 2013

Back to School Night

Well, I skipped the back to school thing! I found out when I picked up the boys that it is adults only?!?! First of all whether I had someone watch the kids for free or paid someone I wouldn't waste that time on a school function. If I am getting time away from kids I'd rather be doing Christmas shopping, or date night with hubby, or me time to recooperate and be a better mom. There is no way I am going to even entertain the idea of being at their school, with all that should be surrounding them without them. Or leaving the kids home with the other parent, robbing the parent that was stuck home from being actively involved.


It already cost me in the price of feeding the kids. Instead of taking something down for dinner and thinking I had time to cook, I'd planned to let the boys get take out. If I'd known that children were not welcome I wouldn't have planned our schedules and dining around the school.


This is not a rant, I did find the positive in it all and know in the future to call and ask before wasting our time.

No comments:

Post a Comment